Conditional Formatting range of date cells based on another cell [Solved]

Ask a question cleaverr 3Posts Monday December 12, 2016Registration date December 13, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Jan 5, 2017 at 06:18 AM by cleaverr
Hi There,

There is lots of stuff to do with CF when using today's date but not a for specific date entered in a cell so I was hoping someone might be able to help.

I am trying to CF a row of cells (D2:K2). These all have different dates in them. The formatting is to be based on a date in another cell (B2) - so green if before this date and red if after this date. I will then be doing the same for rows below this (D3:K3 based on B3 etc.). The dates in Column B are all different as well.

Your guidance would be most welcome!

rgds

Rob
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Just compare the value in the two cells, and format it based on the condition. What if the cell contain "hello"? Would you be able to turn the cell red? Use the same type of formula to compare the values! Post back if you still have hardships!
cleaverr 3Posts Monday December 12, 2016Registration date December 13, 2016 Last seen - Dec 13, 2016 at 06:22 AM
Sorry - please could you provide me with some more details (exact instructions) if possible.
many thanks
cleaverr 3Posts Monday December 12, 2016Registration date December 13, 2016 Last seen - Dec 13, 2016 at 06:50 AM
So I am currently typing:

"IF(DATEVALUE,$D$2:$O$2<DATEVALUE,B2)" and formatting this for green.
and the same formula with > to be red.

but it is not working.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi Rob,

May this pic guide you to your solution:

Best regards,
Trowa
ac3mark 7556Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus August 14, 2017 Last seen - Dec 19, 2016 at 04:40 PM
@TrowaD - Always quality from you! Thanks!
TrowaD 2259Posts Sunday September 12, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus August 15, 2017 Last seen - Dec 20, 2016 at 10:46 AM
Thanks, appreciate it!
cleaverr- Jan 5, 2017 at 06:18 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying - I have been away.
Many thanks for your help - just what I was after.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?