Workbook to track subcontractor invoices and payments

Closed
Vanhardy Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 16, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2017 - Updated on Jun 16, 2017 at 09:13 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jun 16, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Hi i need some help with a workbook im working on and i cant figure out how or if what i want to do can be done.

the workbook is to track subcontractor invoices and payments.

i have a master sheet where i enter the name, invoice #, invoice date, invoice amount, check number, check date and check amount.

then i have a sheet for each subcontractor with all their details; adders, phone, contract amount, retainer, etc and the same columns from the master sheet.

is it possible to enter the information on the master sheet and have it automatically transferred to the different sub sheets? or enter the info on the sub sheets and automatically transferred to the master sheet?

how can i accomplish this?

thank you
Vanhardy
Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jun 16, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Hello Vanhardy,

Yes, you could do it either way successfully. Its your preference but I would say that it may be a better option to have the data transferred from the Master sheet to the individual contractor sheets. This way, you are actually summarising each individual contractor activity and it may be easier for you to track any anomalies (especially payment ones!) should a contractor raise a question with you.

Could you please upload a sample of your work book showing its actual set out so that we can test/experiment with a suitable macro that may do the task for you. Include the Master sheet and just two or three of the individual Contractor sheets with only a few rows of data. Please use dummy data in the sample. You can upload your sample to a free file sharing site such as Drop Box, ge.tt or Sendspace and then post the link to your file back here.

In the meantime, have a look at the following thread:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-972900-copy-rows-to-other-sheets-based-on-value-in-column

which will give you an idea of what can be done.

There is a link in post #2 of that thread to a sample file which will show you how it works. Just click on the "RUN" button.

Let us know what you think.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.