The DB25 (originally DE-25) connector is an analog 25-pin plug of the D-Subminiature connector family (D-Sub or Sub-D). The DB25 connector is mainly used for serial connections, allowing for asynchronous data transmission as provided by standard RS-232 (RS-232C). It is also used for parallel port connections and was used to connect printers, that's why it's also known as a printer port (LPT). DB25 serial ports on computers have male connectors, while parallel port connectors are DB25 female.
How do male and female connectors look like?
What are pins for serial connection?
|2||TXD - Transmit Data|
|3||RXD - Receive Data|
|4||RTS - Request To Send|
|5||CTS - Clear To Send|
|6||DSR - Data Set Ready|
|7||GND - Signal Ground|
|8||CD - Carrier Detect|
|20||DTR - Data Terminal Ready|
|22||RI - Ring Indicator|
What are pins for parallel connection?
|1||_STR - Strobe|
|2||D0 - Data bit 0|
|3||D1 - Data bit 1|
|4||D2 - Data bit 2|
|5||D3 - Data bit 3|
|6||D4 - Data bit 4|
|7||D5 - Data bit 5|
|8||D6 - Data bit 6|
|9||D7 - Data bit 7|
|10||ACK - Acknowledgement|
- Db25 connector
- Which of the following is the ack pin in db-25 connector?
- Db25 serial port
- Power supply connectors > Guide
- Outlook connector download > Download
- What are cables and connectors > Guide
- Data transmission cables: types, speed > Guide
- Front panel audio connector: function, diagram, not working > Guide
- Recognize computer beeps: 3 times, twice, on startup
- Fix mouse that is not clicking where pointer is
- Disable CPU cores: Windows 10, Linux, to save power
- Why is there a chip shortage?
- Sound card connections and color codes
- Everything about The Amazon Fire TV Stick: 4K, remote, price
- How to delete files that cannot be deleted on Windows?
- What is a computer bus: interface, types, architecture
- Intel Core 2 duo overclocking: guide, software
- SD card not detected in Windows PC: what to do?
- What is a motherboard: definition, sizes, components
- Change the mouse properties on Windows
- What is AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) and how does it work
- How to replace the CMOS battery?
- How to list hardware components and drivers in Windows
- How to make an RJ45 crossover cable: steps, tools
- How to remove the write protection on an SD card
- What are serial and parallel ports and how do they work?
- Intel or AMD: which one is the better