Bluetooth allows you to connect devices together wirelessly over a small distance. One of the most frequent pairings is between wireless headphones and a phone. Once connected you can control the headset via your phone. Continue reading to find out how to pair your Bluetooth headset with an iPhone or an Android device. Please note that the process may vary depending on your mobile phone and Bluetooth device.
Connecting a Bluetooth Device to an iOS Device
The following process is applicable to all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
On your mobile device, go to Settings, then Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth to render your mobile device discoverable:
To pair the devices, tap the Bluetooth device when it pops up onto your screen. You may need to enter a PIN or a passkey, which you should be able to find in the instructions booklet or your device.
Connecting a Bluetooth Device to an Android Device
To pair a Bluetooth device to your Android device, you need to begin by turning on Bluetooth on your phone. To do so, swipe down the Notifications shade from the top of your screen. Swipe down again to access the Quick Settings panel, then tap the Bluetooth icon to turn Bluetooth on.
Now, to begin pairing, you must first set your Bluetooth device to discovery mode. If you don't know how to do so, you can find this information in the information booklet that came with your headset.
To pair, go to the Quick settings panel at the top of the Notification shade, then press and hold the Bluetooth icon to open Bluetooth settings. Tap Pair new device; some phones will automatically begin scanning for Bluetooth devices to pair, whereas others will require you to tap Scan. Tap the Bluetooth headset that you wish to pair when it pops up on your screen.
Image: © Unsplash.
- How to connect wireless headphones to android phone
- How to connect bluetooth headphones to android phone - Best answers
- How to connect wireless headphones to mobile - Best answers
- How to connect smart watch with android phone - How-To - Android
- How to connect wireless headphones to acer laptop ✓ - Forum - Windows
- How to connect android phone to tv using av cable ✓ - Forum - Android
- How to Connect Your Android Phone to a PC - How-To - Android
- No sound after unplugging headphones android phone ✓ - Forum - Windows