USB drive no longer working

Closed
grazza5555 Posts 4 Registration date Friday October 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2017 - Updated on Oct 6, 2017 at 03:06 AM
 grazza - Oct 9, 2017 at 06:18 AM
hello

I had a problem with my USB stick, it was working fine until i followed the advice of some geek and used CMD to try to get some files out, instead it cleaned my USB out. Now when i try to use my USB it says (Please insert a disk into this drive). So i went looking for a solution to that issue and finally changed the path letter to (y), but its still saying the same thing, i have run scans and rebooted and done just about everything. Can anyone help or have i lost a perfectly good USB stick? thanks
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 6, 2017 at 06:48 PM
What command did the GEEK ask you to run?
grazza5555 Posts 4 Registration date Friday October 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2017
Oct 7, 2017 at 01:26 AM
hi ac, he told me to run the command diskpart, it cleaned my disk drive completely. I managed to get my files back from a backup i had, but my USB drive is still showing (please insert a disk into this drive) even after assigning a new letter
grazza5555 Posts 4 Registration date Friday October 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2017
Oct 7, 2017 at 01:36 AM
Maybe i shouldn't use the word geek, but i was quite angry at losing everything i had on the disk, and it took me a while to find my backup. The whole reason behind all this was to extract CHK0000 files from disk drive. I have downloaded4 different programs to try to recover my CHK files. UNCHK,(doesn't work on my system, Windows 10, 64bit) CHKRECOVER, (which they ask you to pay before even knowing if it will work) EaseUS, which also i don't know why it doesn't work, maybe i am not doing something correctly..
Yea, diskpart created a new partition! He destroyed your data!

Does this look familair?
clean
Removes any and all partition or volume formatting from the disk with focus. On master boot record (MBR) disks, only the MBR partitioning information and hidden sector information are overwritten. On GUID Partition Table (GPT) disks, the GPT partitioning information, including the Protective MBR, is overwritten. There is no hidden sector information.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney
Oct 8, 2017 at 03:31 PM
yeh he F!@#$ked me
Blocked Profile
Oct 8, 2017 at 06:47 PM
I wasn't offended by the use of GEEK! I would rather be a GEEK about something than a NERD! But then again, GEEKS really only speak of what they have MASTERED!

Nerds on the other hand, posses master of NO skill, to include social!

How about visiting here first next time, instead of listening to some NERD!
grazza > Blocked Profile
Oct 9, 2017 at 06:18 AM
thanks, i will, although I still haven't solved my problem of the disk being re-assigned, also I still have the same issue, I have in the range of 17,000 CHK0000 files that I am trying to restore but can't seem to find any decent easy to use software to extract them and restore them to their original status.