External WD 1 TB Driver

Closed
Herkul1979 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2017 - Nov 1, 2017 at 06:51 AM
Herkul1979 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2017 - Nov 2, 2017 at 04:03 AM
Hello,
I have a WD hard drive since 2011. recently I tried to use it, but my computer hanged and can not open it on my computer with win 10. I tried to open it with disk manager but it written just "931.48 gb , unallocated " on the driver in disk manager.

when I connect WD it start to read it because i feel the hard driver work but noting appear. notice that I have a password on it. last time I tried to use it it didn't recognized my password several time and after that it started to become like this.

I have lots of important information inside my passport. could you please help me and let me know what should I do to fix it?
I really appreciate your help beforehand.
Related:

1 response

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Nov 2, 2017 at 01:21 AM
Hi,

It is really not difficult to extract the lost data from the password protected the hard drive. You can easily execute this work with the help of data recovery software like Stellar Phoenix but you need to know your drives password in order to your data back.
Herkul1979 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2017
Nov 2, 2017 at 04:03 AM
hi, thanks for reply.

Actually my problem is not the password. I have the password but the problem is that I can not open the driver in computer to enter the password. when ever I connect my WD to computer it hangs computer and I have to remove from computer in order to work with computer again. it just keep reading but nothing happens.

As I said before It shows "931.48 gb , unallocated " on the driver in disk manager.

what does it mean? I hope that my hard driver not dead. I have my whole education information in it.

I will be appreciated if you can help me with this matter.

Thanks