Why does it skip log in screen

Closed
Zek1389 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - May 31, 2009 at 06:10 AM
 barthsm - Jul 13, 2010 at 09:15 AM
Hello, When i turn my computer on for the day my log in screen does not load as it goes right to the desktop background like im logged on. I do not like this as i got people wanting on my computer all they have to do is restart my pc and its opened. How can i resolve thios so when i restart my computer i must log into my account before anyone can use?

5 responses

Go to Start/Run and type "control userpasswords2". Then check the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". After doing that, you can control access from the "User Accounts" Control Panel menu.
Thx, Jon; perfect answer and just what I needed!
fruitm80 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009
May 31, 2009 at 07:38 AM
hi,
try this:
>control panel
>user account
>click on "change the way users log on or off"
you can change the settings to your own need.
ya that doesnt make it so i can make it to where my computer turns on for the day it makes me put in password it still skips it :(
Yeh I am having the same problem as this poor guy. Its seems that ''changing the way users log on/off'' has no effect what so ever. My younger brother has been doing my head in, as i go to switch user when i have important University work on my laptop so nobody else can use it, but he just reboots it and it logs straight in ... no password required, and no welcome screen (even though i have set it up so that there SHOULD be a welcome screen and you should need a password) ... is there anyone who can help? ... I dont think this is going to be as dramatic as needing to format my laptop, but if no one can give me the anwser im just going to have too ... :(

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
ya it sucks i still have not figured out this problem and have gotten hacked and a bunch of other shit because my girlfriend is a dyke and wont listen lol