Although Instagram normally works well, there are still some issues with it from time to time. One of the most common ones is when Instagram suddenly logs you out and redirects you to its login page. And shows you an error message that there was a problem with your request. In this article, we'll explain to you how to fix and prevent this issue.
Why does Instagram log you out?
If you have the Instagram app on your mobile and every time you want to use it, it asks you to enter your data to connect, or you have the same problem of disconnection when you are viewing your feed or want to open a post you have seen on Facebook, it can become annoying. Many users have already reported this 'bug', and the reasons behind them can be diverse. Let's take a look at some of them:
- There is a temporary bug in the application: apps, as well as any software, can have small glitches, especially when you deploy noticeable enhancements. This type of problem is easy to solve, and sometimes it is just a matter of closing it and reopening it.
- The app hasn't been updated: While it's not a big deal to take a little while to update your apps if you haven't done so in months it may stop working properly.
- Your mobile phone has not been updated in a long time: Similarly, if you have not updated the operating system of your mobile, several applications likely start to fail.
- The error comes from Instagram: Although it is not something very common, from time to time several users report the same malfunction in a short period, a particularly common phenomenon with updates (and the reason why there is usually a testing period or beta version). If it happens, a series of bug reports from the same app notifies the developer team to implement a fix as soon as possible.
- Your phone is no longer compatible with the latest versions of Instagram: If you have had the same phone for many years and it is no longer supported by updates, the apps will likely start to crash, especially if you have tried to update them.
- A redirect link sends you to the browser instead of the app: It's quite common that when you open a Facebook ad or post that redirects you to a post, online store or Instagram reel, a browser window opens instead of the app, and you'll see the login screen if you haven't recently logged in from there. Although it's annoying, the best thing to do is to go directly to the Instagram app and search for the account that made the post you're interested in and check it there directly.
Change your Instagram password
One of the simplest solutions is to change the password. To do so,
- Tap Get help signing in.
- Select Username.
- And enter your email address, username, or phone number, then select Send login link.
- Reset your password with the link and log in to Instagram.
Sign in from another device
To see, what the problem is about, try to log in to your Instagram account from another mobile device, tablet, or computer. If the problem occurs only on your mobile phone, move on to the next step.
Check Instagram restrictions on your phone
When Instagram doesn't allow you to log into your iPhone, you probably have enabled restrictions for the app. You need to turn them off and try again.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Restrictions and turn them off for Instagram.
Contact the Instagram Help Center
If the problem persists, contact the Instagram Help Center. Go to Privacy, Security and Reporting, then select Login and Passwords. Next, go to I can't log in and select your case. Check out this article to find out what to do if your Instagram account has been disabled, and this one to learn how to recover your account.