You need the official whatsapp to use this account android

Solved
ayushbansal Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 19, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2023 - Updated on Jun 19, 2023 at 03:13 PM
vapsagerta Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 26, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2024 - Mar 28, 2024 at 05:36 PM

Hello,

I am getting 

"you need the official whatsapp to use this account android"

when i try to login in WhatsApp using my number.

I downloaded WhatsApp from official Play Store. I even tried downloading apk from official website and installing. I even formatted the phone and tried again. Still i am getting same results.

I tried contacting WhatsApp support but they are saying to use official WhatsApp.

If someone know how to resolve please help me out. 

Android / Chrome 114.0.0.0

Related:

6 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14269 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen March 27, 2024 1,890
Jul 6, 2023 at 10:23 AM

Hi,

First of all, install all available updates for your apps and Android system.

Try clearing WhatsApp's cache and data from Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Storage. Select Clear cache and Clear data. Uninstall WhatsApp and restart your phone. Then, reinstall WhatsApp from the Play Store and try logging again.

If the issue persists, make sure WhatsApp has access to the required permissions. Go to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Permissions and allow the SMS and Phone permissions. These are needed to activate a WhatsApp account.

If the issue persists, whitelist WhatsApp from battery optimization and check that there are no apps that may prevent WhatsApp from working properly. For example, if you're using a VPN, an antivirus or a firewall on your phone, try turning it off.

If the issue persists, log in to your WhatsApp account from another phone. Next, once your account is activated, go back to your main phone and try logging in again to WhatsApp.

If you still get the error message, try logging out temporarily of your Google account before activating your WhatsApp account. Then, when WhatsApp is ready to restore your backup, log back in to your Google account.

In case any of the above solutions worked, as a workaround, you can try installing WhatsApp Business instead of the regular WhatsApp app to be able to use your account on your phone. In the meantime, uninstall the regular WhatsApp app, and try downloading it again after a few weeks to see if the issue has been fixed since.

Also, although WhatsApp support invite you to download the official app, don't hesitate to let them know that you still get the error even with the official app.

Hope that helps!

Good luck

michaelhavel Posts 3 Registration date Thursday July 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2023
Jul 8, 2023 at 02:01 PM

Thank you very much for sharing the information with me and solving my problem.

Jane > michaelhavel Posts 3 Registration date Thursday July 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2023
Jul 8, 2023 at 09:52 PM

Which of the solution solved your problem cause mine haven't stopped.

michaelhavel Posts 3 Registration date Thursday July 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2023 > Jane
Jul 9, 2023 at 03:29 AM

@HelpiOS StatusModerator

HelpiOS Posts 14269 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen March 27, 2024 1,890 > michaelhavel Posts 3 Registration date Thursday July 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2023
Jul 9, 2023 at 11:39 AM

You're welcome!

Rohit_raaz > michaelhavel Posts 3 Registration date Thursday July 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2023
Aug 18, 2023 at 08:48 PM

What u did ? Can you explain please .my problem is not about to fix still it getting same problem.

Help me

ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 3
Jul 2, 2023 at 04:32 AM

Here are a few ideas to get you started:

Verify Version: Make sure that the latest version of WhatsApp from the official Play Store has been installed as outdated versions can cause login problems.

Clear Cache and Data: To clear away cache and data on WhatsApp, navigate your phone's Settings then Apps/Application Manager; find WhatsApp by searching, tap it to activate, select Clear cache/Clear data respectively - doing this will reset its default settings back.

Verifying Permissions: Before installing WhatsApp on your phone, ensure it has access to its storage, contacts and any required features such as apps for messaging (whatsApp), which you can check in the App Permissions section of its settings.

Disable VPN or proxy: If you use a VPN or proxy service, consider temporarily disabling it as this could interfere with WhatsApp's login process.

Temporary Network Issues: Verify you have an uninterrupted internet connection before switching Wi-Fi networks or switching mobile data service plans in an attempt to resolve temporary network problems.

I am also facing this problem 

I also facing this problem since 15 days...

Jane > azmat8962
Jul 10, 2023 at 01:35 PM

It will open after 30 days. Just leave it 

ayushbansal Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 19, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2023
Jun 20, 2023 at 11:24 AM

Which phone are you using? And are you still having the issue? I am using Vivo v27. I am only getting recorded response from WhatsApp support mentioning to use official WhatsApp app.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
michaelhavel Posts 3 Registration date Thursday July 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2023
Jul 6, 2023 at 09:12 AM

I am also facing this problem. I am trying for many days but not working, please suggest any solution.
Advanced Thanks.

vapsagerta Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 26, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2024
Mar 28, 2024 at 05:36 PM

actually I just uninstall the mod WhatsApp and installed official WhatsApp from the play store and registered the number. Solved simple