Acer tablet connected but no wifi

Closed
singingshaz Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 21, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2017 - Nov 21, 2017 at 10:46 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 21, 2017 at 01:55 PM
Hello All,

I'm a silver surfer so not very good at internet lingo but will try and explain!

My new acer Iconia tablet has been receiving wifi without any problem until now. Says 'Connection, no internet'. I have trawled for answers and many folk reckon changing the IP setting to static and changing the IP address works. I have done this (how proud am I of myself, it only took me 2 days!).

Sadly, still no wifi connection. I would be grateful if anyone else has a suggestion? I have turned all power off and on again. Turned the wifi off and on again. Selected a different network then gone back to the original one - no joy. Pressed the on/off and volume down at the same time to restart.... Is the only thing left to me a 'reboot'? (This has nothing to do with me changing foot wear right?)

Ready to throw my tablet out the window so many thanks in anticipation.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 21, 2017 at 01:55 PM
You should check to see if the browser has been set to use a VPN. There are some malware programs that do this to you.

Good Luck