Sometimes when you watch a video on your tablet, you might accidentally snag the touchscreen and the video will be interrupted or stopped. There are several ways how to lock the touch screen of your Galaxy Tab during video playback. Read on to find out how.
How to lock the screen from touch or trace?
To lock the screen of your touchpad during video playback, just press the power button when playing video. A small padlock will appear at the top right of the screen indicating that the screen is locked. If this doesn't work, head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Pin Windows.
N.B.: This method will only work for videos stored on your tablet, but not for ones you stream from the internet (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu etc.)
How to lock the screen on Android?
- Go into Settings > Lock screen & security > Advanced > Screen pinning
- Turn on, then enable require unlock PIN to turn off the screen lock.
How to lock the screen with an App?
You can also use apps specially designed to watch videos without worrying if the video will be interrupted because of the clumsy movement. You can also give your Samsung touchpad with a cartoon or a movie going on to your kids and they will not be able to stop the video and access other data on your tablet.
Touch Lock - Touch Screen Locker
A handy app with in-built parental control and option Screen Off to listen to the music from the internet with your phone or tablet in the pocket or your bag. You can download the app here.
Touch Lock is another useful app that prevents your videos from interruption designed especially for people with trembling diseases. You can download the app here.
Need more help with your mobile? Check out our Forum!
- How to lock screen on android while watching video
- Samsung tablet lock screen while watching video
- How to lock fire tablet screen while watching video
- How to Lock The Video Screen Orientation on VLC For Android
- MacOS - A keyboard shortcut to rapidly lock your screen
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait > Guide
- Auto-Adjust the Sensitivity of Your Touch Screen
- Samsung reset code: keypad, factory settings, number > Guide