Not able to play 3GP videos on SD card in Samsung Metro B313E

Solved/Closed
babu7 Posts 29 Registration date Friday October 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2023 - Dec 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM
 babu7 - Dec 27, 2017 at 08:16 AM
I bought a new Samsung Metro B313E which is a feature phone. It is supposed to play videos too.

I can record and play videos in its camcorder but I cannot play videos saved in an external SD card.

After inserting the Memory Card (SD card) into it, I am just not able to play videos although audio files can easily be played.

That is the only problem I have had so far, not being able to play videos saved in an external SD card.

In the SD card, I saved videos only in 3GP format because I had heard that Samsung Metro B313E supports only this.

No, I did not exceed the capacity of the SD card which is 16 GB.

I have NOT yet inserted a SIM card in it. Could this be the reason? If not, what is the solution?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 15, 2017 at 04:52 PM
Some phones require you to have the media on the local device. Move the file from the SD card onto the mobile device and see if it plays then!
babu7 Posts 29 Registration date Friday October 13, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2023 2
Dec 16, 2017 at 10:46 AM
How exactly do you move the file from the SD card to the mobile device?
Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2017 at 04:37 PM
On my device, it is called, "my Files".
I have "My Files" on my device too.

Kindly describe the steps needed to move the video files in the SD card to "My Files".

Please remember, it is a GPRS feature phone, not an Android phone.
Now, I can watch the video files. In "My Files", on top, you get "Phone". Click to change it to "Memory Card". This will bring you to all the contents of the Memory Card. If the videos are in 3GP format, they can be played.

Thanks to the clue provided by ac4mark.