Program upload questions

tallcoder Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2017 - Dec 28, 2017 at 05:00 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 28, 2017 at 04:33 PM
I would like to upload a video editor, player and recorder for your consideration and I have several questions:
1. The submission form asks for a JPG logo and screenshot but I can't figure out how to include or attach them. Do I just include them in the main working directory of the program?
2. The program that I would like to submit currently doesn't have a digital signature certificate. Does this disqualify it for consideration?

Thank you very much. This is my first posting.

3 responses

tallcoder Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2017
Dec 28, 2017 at 05:16 AM
Right after I posted the questions above I then figured out that I could provide in the submission form links to the pictures that are required and I will do that. If this isn't correct then please let me know. Thanks.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 28, 2017 at 05:20 AM
We don"t have the slightest idea of what you are talking about.
tallcoder Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2017
Dec 28, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Which questions do you not understand, the first or the second? As for the 1st question, the Contact tab at the bottom of the CCM page leads to a menu that includes the selection "Establishing a partnership" and that selection leads to what appears to be a submission form for providing the links to programs that you might consider for inclusion on your download list.
That submission form under the phrase "How to upload programs to CCM" includes the requirements for a JPG logo image and a software screenshot. I didn't see any buttons for message picture attachments but to make a long story short I'm just going to provide links to those required pictures in the submission message box if that's okay.
The 2nd question refers to a "digital signature certificate" and I assume that you know what that is but if not then I suggest that you do a Google search for that term. My program doesn't yet have one of those and I didn't know if you required it for the programs you endorse. Digital signature certificates are important to Microsoft, Windows and other folks but they have no effect on how well a program operates. They simply provide assurance against malicious activity.
I'm a software programmer who belongs to several forums but this is a new forum for me and I'm trying to understand how things are done here. It would help me if you could be a little more specific about what you don't understand. Otherwise I'll just submit my program suggestion as best I can. Thanks.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 28, 2017 at 04:33 PM
Okay, I now understand

Yes providing a link for the logo will suffice or you can use this code:

[image: your logo's url] The same for the software's screenshot

In the form, I do not see any request for Digital signature certificates. Many of the software in our download section do not have a digital signature certificate.

Please note that the person responsible for examining your request is absent, he will return next January 15.

Regards