Licensed by Microsoft, Word is usually included in Microsoft Office Suite, which also includes desktop applications Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. However this software can come at a high price. Luckily, there are a number of free alternatives. This article will walk you through the best free word processors.
How to download the full version of Microsoft Word for free?
If you have purchased the software in a store or online, you simply have to enter your product key after reinstalling the program to gain access to its functions. Otherwise, you must use your computer's partitions or the restore option, available either via CD/DVD or directly on the computer. Doing so will give you access to the full version of the Word as well as the Word web app on OneDrive.
However, you may also download a trial version online. To earn access to them, all you need to do is enter your Microsoft or Outlook login information. You can choose between trying the Home and Students, Professional, and Small Business versions.
How to use Office Online (Word Web App) for free on OneDrive?
If you would like to avoid downloading a trial or paid version of Word, you can always use the software online. Using OneDrive, which you can access using your Microsoft or Outlook login information, you can benefit from limited Word features, as well as those of Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
How to open .DOC files without Microsoft Word?
If you'd like to read a file in Word format (.doc), we recommend using the Word Viewer tool. This Microsoft application can be used to open and print Word files, though it does not allow you to make any modifications.
What are the alternatives to Microsoft Word?
Here is a list of some free alternatives to Microsoft Word.
OpenOffice is the main open source alternative to Microsoft Office. This open source application is free to use and is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux systems.
The Ability Office Suite comes with a number of components, including Write, Spreadsheet, Database, Photopaint, Presentation, and Photoalbum. You may choose to install all components or select from the available applications. Ability Office Suite is compatible with Windows and is available as a trial.
AbiWord is an easy and free word processing software that is compatible on Linux and Windows operating systems.
Jarte Word Processor
Jarte is a powerful word processor that is completely free to use, and is compatible with Windows operating systems.
- Word for you free
- Word free for u
- Word free for you
- How to find word in vi editor > Guide
- Save pdf ms word > Download
- Microsoft word 2019 free download > Download
- We can keep multiple version of a word document in a single file by using dash feature > Guide
- Pdf to word tamil font [solved] > Forum - Word
- How to set and print an A5 page in Word?
- Insert a check mark in Word document: Mac, Windows, shortcut
- View Word documents in full screen mode: Windows, Mac
- Convert numbers into Words: in Word
- How to add a watermark: in Word, to all pages, on one page
- Insert images in Word document: without moving the text
- Why is word showing dots instead of spaces
- How to stop letters overlapping in Word: when printing
- How do you find hyperlinks in Word documents
- Recover an unsaved email attachment in Word
- Vertical scroll bar missing in Microsoft Word: right hand
- Delete part of a table in Word: cells, columns, rows
- Automatically replace abbreviations in Word via AutoCorrect
- Add a background image or watermark to a Word document
- Recover unsaved documents in Microsoft Word: on Mac, Windows
- How to add document properties in Word
- Convert Word to PDF and PDF to Word: online, for free
- How to open DVI file: Windows, online
- Remove password from a Word document
- Insert symbols and special characters in Word
- Microsoft Word charts: create, insert, customize
- How to change editing language: Microsoft Word
- How to delete a page in Word
- How to insert a non-breakable space (NBSP) in Word?
- Insert watermark in Word: in front of picture
- Remove hyperlinks in Word
- How to create a TOC in Microsoft Word?