Major issues

Closed
tanner - Jun 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM
 tanner - Jun 3, 2009 at 11:41 AM
Hello,
I have many of the same issues. I ended up with virus or malware and could not use any sites to scrub my system. Finally got SuperAnti Spyware to run in safe mode, nneded for runs to clean up the system, aslo ran AVG 8.5 in safe mode, it found many issues and quarantined them. Now I have no icons can't boot up in safe mode (freezes on last screen). I can't find any thing using task manager. Tried C:\window\explorer.exe and tells me file is not good. Will try adding the T tonight, but suspect that this will not work either. Can't get CD or flash drives to work. When I search with task manger there are some files that have yellow folders and most are fogged and won't let me do anything with the files, like something is missing.

2 responses

eeeden5 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday April 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009
Jun 3, 2009 at 11:34 AM
You can try doing a system restore and then use another antivirus... and also your ad aware!
Thanks, I tried numerous times and dates to restore but with no luck continually tells me I can't restore to this point. If I pull out my hard drive and installed in a external drive enclosure, will this afford me other options to get the system running? Been working on this for over a week and am a wits end on this.