My browsers will not connect to a site

Closed
notatechygal - Feb 21, 2018 at 11:16 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 21, 2018 at 06:58 PM
Hi, I know almost nothing about computers, so please be kind with me.. We just got a new router with our satellite internet and ever since then, I cannot connect to my daughters favorite website. I added it to the trusted sites list, but it still won't load. I've updated my browsers and adobe player. I keep getting the message, "The connection was reset." Other websites load without problem. I checked a site that tells if websites are down and the website is up and running. I am wondering what else I can try. I've asked questions to google and I cannot find anything that works. Hoping some of you geniuses can help! Thanks in advance!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2018 at 04:13 PM
What setting did you use for DNS? In your router, place it at 4.2.2.2, or your Satellite router IP address. Do not use the address that is administered in the satellite router, but instead point it to the satellite router, and make it ask for DNS (it know where to find it!)

Have fun!

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I have no idea what the DNS is set at, or what that is.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171 > notatechygal
Feb 21, 2018 at 05:20 PM
ac3mark is a modest genius in disguise.
Then sir, I recommend you call the satellite provide, and eat the charge for the installation cost of your wireless device. If your device did not come with instructions, then you need to just get the internet up for now, and figure out how to configure the DNS!

Or...

Your provider is timing out, due to crap install. Did the installer show you where to look at what the speeds are being transmitted at? If not, then you need to call the provider and tell them to get their stuff back out to your neck of the woods and show you how!!!!

Which is it?

Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2018 at 06:58 PM
DNS = (Domain Name System) The Internet's system for converting alphabetic names into numeric IP addresses. For example, when a Web address (URL) is typed into a browser, DNS servers return the IP address of the Web server associated with that name.

The ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN /ˈaɪkæn/ EYE-kan) is a nonprofit organization responsible for coordinating the maintenance and procedures of several databases related to the namespaces of the Internet, ensuring the network's stable and secure operation.) controls IP address that are accessible from all internet devices!