An iPhone can be used as a tethered modem that may be connected to your computer wirelessly or with a USB cable. This will allow you to share your computer's internet connection with your iPhone for improved connectivity. This article will show you how to share your computer's internet connection with your mobile phone.
How to share internet connection to iPhone with USB?
Sharing your iPhone's 4G or 5G network connection with a PC is simple, sharing the Internet that your PC is connect to with your iPhone is a lot more complicated and requires a work around. The following method is for Windows PC's.
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet Settings > Network and Sharing Center
- Then select change adapter settings and disable the active ethernet adapter by right clicking on the adapter that is currently in use and then choosing to disable it.
- You will now need to connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB to Lightning cable. A pop-up asking you if you trust this computer may pop-up, select trust.
- Now go back to the adapter settings. You should now see your iPhone amongst the list of adapters.
- Right click on the adapter that was disabled and choose properties from the menu. Then click sharing > enable internet connection sharing. Right click on the Internet adapter and select enable.
- This should allow you to access the Internet from your PC on your iPhone.
Can you share internet connection from PC to iPhone via bluetooth?
You may be aware that you can use your iPhone as a hotspot for your PC with 4G or 5G via bluetooth, but it is also actually possible to do the inverse and share your internet connection from your PC to your mobile device.
- On your Windows computer, go to Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
- Then to share your internet connection, choose your WiFi network, then select share over. You can choose to share your connection over Bluetooth.
- Select Edit and create a new network name for the shared connection and save.
- Now turn on the Mobile hotspot. You should now be able to find the new network on your mobile device, connect and access the internet.
How to share Internet connection to an iPhone via wireless network?
This section is specific to creating an ad hoc network for an Apple device (i.e. iPhone, iPad, or iPod) using a Windows computer. So to do this, you will need a windows operating system, LAN internet connection, and WiFi card. There are three steps involved in creating an ad hoc network: creating your network base, enabling LAN sharing, and connecting your devices to your network.
Create a WLAN network
Creating an ad hoc network (WLAN) will allow you to exchange files, share printers, or share internet access.
- The first step in creating your ad hoc network is to go to your Network and Sharing Center by going to Start > Network > Network and Sharing Center. Click the Manage Wireless Networks button located in the left bar. Then, click Add.
- In the window that opens, select Create Ad Hoc Network, followed by Next. Then, choose a Network Name — this will be the SSID of the network that you are connecting to your device.
- In the Security Type, select No authentication (Open). Finally, select Save this network, and click Next.
- Let the utility work. If it asks you to share your connection, you should accept the request and proceed directly to Step 3. Otherwise, proceed to Step 2.
Allow LAN sharing on Windows
Now, we are going to instruct Windows to allow LAN sharing. This will allow your computer to access the connection from your device.
- Go back to the Network and Sharing Center by going to Start > Network > Network and Sharing Center. On the left-hand side, click Change Settings Map.
- Right-click on Local Area Connection, and select Properties. Then, go to the Sharing tab.
- Check Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection, followed by OK.
Connect to the network
It is now time to ask the PC to connect to the ad hoc network.
- Head to the Network and Sharing Center one last time, and click Connect or Disconnect.
- In the window that opens, click the network name you created, and click Connect.
- Go into the application settings of your iPhone, iPod, or iPad, and tap WiFi. Make sure that your WiFi is enabled, and tap on the network name that you chose in step 1.
- Once connected, test your internet connection by simply opening an Internet browser application.
Need more help with iOS? Check out our Forum!
- How to share internet from iphone to pc
- Share internet from pc to iphone
- Share pc internet to iphone via usb
- Share/Thread iPhone wifi internet to the PC [solved] > Forum - IPhone
- How to bridge connections from laptop to pc [solved] > Forum - Network
- How To Connect Jio Phone's Internet with Laptop
- Share multiple contacts iphone > Guide
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone > Guide
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Apple iOS 15.2: release date, update, beta, devices
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel