-
Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 18, 2021
-
Hi,

Please help me with the function to highlight a partial text Matches in column with other column. For example

Column A:
SWDP9233 When a communication interruption occurs reestablished, the software shall notify.SWDP934 When a communication allow for retrying communication.SWDP127 While in a programming session, the software that another device has established a session.SWDP54While in a programming session, if another device establishes a session with the same generator.SWDP610While in a programming session, and program changes will be lost.

Column B:
SWDP127

I want to search column A based on the value listed in column B and highlight the part matching in column A if it is available.
in this case its SWDP127.
Please help me with an easy way to get this. as I have over 500 rows of data that needs to be filtered on the value listed in column B. Thanks

Please reply

1 reply

Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 18, 2021
Hi Mghore,

"I have over 500 rows of data that needs to be filtered on the value listed in column B. "

Why don't you split your data? Put the SWDP value in column A and the text behind it in column B. Now select a cell in your table and goto the Data ribbon and select Filter. This will place a drop down list on the headers. Now you will be able to filter on any SWDP value you want.

Best regards,
Trowa