April 1, 2018
-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
-
All of today I've been unable to log into my Facebook account, on all devices. The message which usually comes up says either 'incorrect password' or that there's some sort of error, so I've gone through all the steps Facebook recommend, e.g. changing my password, getting one-time codes over email/text messaging etc.... but still no luck. Even when I try signing in with the new password, I still have no luck of getting in.

What I also find confusing is that the messenger app on my phone works fine! So I'm still able to Facebook message people... I just cannot get onto the actual site whatsoever, so I'm pretty much locked out. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions towards this sort of thing happening? Or if it's an issue on Facebook's part and not mine, and that hopefully it'll be fixed very soon? I've tried everywhere I can to look for answers on how to fix this but have had no luck, so it'd be greatly appreciated if anybody would be able to help; thanks in advance!

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
Greetings,

The first thing to try is to delete all of your temporary files and cookies and try to login again with your old password. If it fails, try the new password.

P.S. How can you possibly change your password if you can't access your account?
Registration date
Saturday March 31, 2018
Status
Last seen
April 1, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have tried clearing cookies and temporary files but still am unable to log in; I’ve even tried also on devices I haven’t used before, to no luck.

It’s quite odd, as when I try to recover the account it recognises me to send me an email/text to change my password. It gives me a new code and then the chance to change my password but as soon as I change it, it basically stops working on me and I am taken to an ‘invalid link’ page. Then when I try logging in again, I’m back to the incorrect password message.
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
9,050 >
Registration date
Saturday March 31, 2018
Status
Last seen
April 1, 2018

Many say that you must wait 96 hours before you try to login.
Registration date
Friday December 31, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 11, 2018

it prevent you just because of password??? or username?

have you tried whit different Ip address???or vpn?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
9,050 >
Registration date
Friday December 31, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 11, 2018

Using a different ip or vpn will get the account disabled.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!