Error with Macromedia Flash zoom

Solved/Closed
JuicyMike Posts 5 Registration date Saturday June 16, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2018 - Updated on Jun 18, 2018 at 08:33 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 21, 2018 at 08:23 PM
So, recently Iv'e been trying out Macromedia Flash (because you can get it for free) with my digital tablet. So... the problem is that when I zoom in, most of the time, it doesn't draw but it moves the screen (sorry for some broken English). Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iig3veNk_3I
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM
Arer you sure it isn't zzooming, and moving the screen to display the zoomed portion? How are you zooming? Are pinching, or selecting a menu selection of ZOOM?
JuicyMike Posts 5 Registration date Saturday June 16, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2018
Jun 18, 2018 at 01:26 PM
My tablet doesn't have a screen and Im using the zoom tool.
Blocked Profile
Jun 18, 2018 at 03:12 PM
OK, so the zoom tool moves the screen to the zoomed location? Perhaps you are attempting to move the draw tool out of the zoom window, so it is repainting the new location? That is what looks like what is happening on the video. You were able to draw while zoomed at first.

Flash is very finicky! You must understand that each "line" in flash can be its own element. It looks to me like the program thinks you are trying to move the line element, not add in another line! I am certain if you were to delete the first drawn line, it will draw again, and not move!
JuicyMike Posts 5 Registration date Saturday June 16, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2018
Jun 18, 2018 at 04:11 PM
Now your probably going to be mad... So sorry for wasting your time... But I just thought of an idea. All of this is probably happening because of the version.. I remember that the site where I got Macromedia Flash said that this version is unstable. And that also explains all of the other errors that wheren't that big of a deal. I still haven't tried but I'm pretty sure... But hey! You still gave me the idea! And if you know some free Macromedia Flash versions please reply!

Oh btw thank you for sticking around!
Blocked Profile
Jun 19, 2018 at 04:40 PM
JuicyMike, no problem sir. Flash is a weird animal. It may the version, but if you were to go to project view, and I believe there is an element explorer. I believe that once you stop drawing, the element is "closed". You would need to select the element in the explorer in order to alter it (continue to draw on it). I think this is the interaction you are running into.
Jun 20, 2018 at 02:35 AM
I get what your trying to say.. And it probably would work like that.. But sometimes the first line moves the screen! And here's a another video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlfr0OPojXw&feature=youtu.be . And I tried a trial for Adobe Animate CC and it worked!
Blocked Profile
Jun 20, 2018 at 05:11 PM
Something else I just thought of, was if you are trying to display on another screen, the tablet will only have its native resolution to display, so you may be dealing with "dueling" screen resolutions. Just a thought and no proof!
Jun 21, 2018 at 02:44 AM
I know this because I have a second monitor. And I always plug it out of my computer. But talking about the resolution I could try changing it!
Blocked Profile
Jun 21, 2018 at 08:23 PM
Yup, try it sir! I appreciate the feedback, and willingness to work through it!