Corel Draw: Error Reading file problem

Solved/Closed
clinton_fields2 Posts 2 Registration date Monday 16 November 2015 Status Member Last seen 29 November 2015 - 17 Nov 2015 à 14:19
clinton_fields2 Posts 2 Registration date Monday 16 November 2015 Status Member Last seen 29 November 2015 - 29 Nov 2015 à 20:36
Hello,

I have a group of files that I cannot open in CorelDraw. They were created a long time ago in Corel Draw 7.0 on a computer with windows 98. I re-installed Corel Draw 7.0 on my computer with windows2000 and now I get the error message "error reading /..../XXX.file CDR"
On the most critical file are loaded to 40% and then appears an error message. I can basically upload and store new files without any problems, but some (but not all) old files will be unreadable. I found an old hard drive and installed windows98 and CDR does not affect this. Also I installed the driver for the printer that (I think) has been used then no effect. Any suggestion ?


Related:

1 response

lorenzo.spinelli Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday 18 November 2015 Status Member Last seen 19 November 2015 1
19 Nov 2015 à 14:36
How about installing the fonts that were used at the time? Also try removing any extra fonts on your system only leaving the basic ones. If that doesn't work then you could try downloading the demo of Corel Draw 12 and see if that'll open the files for you - download from https://www.corel.com/en/free-trials/?pagename=Corel2/Downloads/Home
clinton_fields2 Posts 2 Registration date Monday 16 November 2015 Status Member Last seen 29 November 2015
29 Nov 2015 à 20:36
Thanks. The problem is solved. Helped me a lot this theme http://www.answerbag.com/polls/corel-drow-x6-error-files_3311469