On/Off timer

Solved/Closed
Verna - Updated on Sep 16, 2018 at 04:02 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 10, 2018 at 04:16 PM
Can the timer be set to turn the TV on at any given time of the day? Like using it to come on in the morning as an alarm clock to wake you up to your favorite TV program?
Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2018 at 04:52 PM
It depends on the TV. We need more details. You can do it with an away timer, and older analog tv. Set the time. PLug the tv into it, and pull the on off to on! But then again, that is technology that is 30 years old!

We need details to let you know if you can do it with your tv!
We are wanting to purchase a new TV, but want one that can be set to come on daily at a given time to wake us up, usually to the weather channel. Old TV had that capability but we can not find any of the new ones that provide that luxury.

Do you know if there are any with that option available?
Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2018 at 05:16 PM
Here is a Brand. NOt certain of the model though!
https://ccm.net/faq/40736-program-the-on-off-timer-on-your-lg-smart-tv

You are best to go to a retailer, and speak with a salesperson!
if you want timer option u can buy timer device for TV on/off..
Blocked Profile
Sep 10, 2018 at 04:16 PM
@Sam -how is a timer to turn ON a digital tv? It is not like we can pull a switch, and it is on sitting on waiting for power. Things don't work like that anymore! All you did was repeat my first suggestion (offered as a joke)! Plese re-read the post, Sam!
Thank you for your help. None of the local retailer's know anything about the products they sell. They just tell us that they "don't think the TV's do that any more". Seems to me if they have times they certainly must make some that are capable of coming on at a specific time of day, on a daily basis.

Thank you so much you were much more helpful than our local retailers.
Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2018 at 05:53 PM
Sorry i provided no value. If I find one, I will post back here. I will keep looking for one! Yea, I agree with retailers, but every once in a while you find a real good one!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 7, 2018 at 05:58 PM
P.S. We have a brand new Sony Bravia Smart TV and it has the on/off off/on timer.
Ok, I have been told that Sony has these models:
KD0X690E

and

This one.

Please understand, We at CCM.NET are not a consumer device advisors. We are volunteers!

I have researched the specific requirement that you have asked for. Please do your own research now that I have given you a direction.

Have FUN!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Sep 7, 2018 at 09:21 PM
In accordance with certain laws, I need to tell you that I will be given compensation for my recommendation.