Unable to launch Firefox

Closed
INeedHelp - Jun 10, 2009 at 05:28 PM
edytrag Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 - Jun 11, 2009 at 03:52 AM
Hello,
I am unable to launch Firefox. I am running Windows XP.

It was working just fine last night when I used it last. I never changed, added or deleted anything! This morning when I turned my computer on, I went into IE to perform a few tasks (which I do regularly like clockwork). During the time I was in IE, a message box popped up and said that Windows had downloaded new updates and asked if I wanted to restart my computer. I chose the option 'restart later', until I had finished what I was currently working on. When I was finished, I turned my computer off and started it back up again. This time, I attempted to go into Firefox, but it wouldn't let me access it. I click on the icon on my desktop and all I get is an arrow pointer and an hourglass .......for about 20 seconds then.......nothing! I am the only one in my house, and the only one that has access to my computer, so I am POSITIVE that no changes have been made that I am not aware of. I've searched Firefox and Windows sites and can't find anything that can help me. Actually, I'm not certain that the Windows Updates have anything to do with me not able to launch Firefox....maybe it's just a coincidence. Can someone help me please???
Related:

1 response

edytrag Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009
Jun 11, 2009 at 03:52 AM
hi,

uninstall Mozilla irefox and then install it again.

then try to acces it.

or try to update the version of firefox you are using.