Wiped desktop clean,just windowsXP,need help

Closed
schirall Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 - Jun 11, 2009 at 09:03 AM
cpho58 Posts 4 Registration date Friday March 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 - Jun 11, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Hello,

Hi, my name is Sean, I'm sorry that my first post is a question, but i am so desperate. My landlord upstairs has the wireless router that we run our computers from. He is so hard to catch and I really need my computer, I may start crying in a minute. lol

OK, here's the deal, I use a D-link-122 adapter (air usb) and for 8 months had no problem connecting to his router. Recently, a small trojan got through my norton and since then it has been acting wierd, like knocking me offline!

Finally, i backed everything up and re-installed windows xp(pro). Now there is nothing on the computer at all.I stare at a blank desktop, no files, besides the basics. NOTHING.

I installed the D-link adapter. As i remember,when i first did this 8 months ago(I was always a Cable modem guy) i remember it simply showing up as an icon in the start menu(bottom right) along with a small monitor. It would say right click to view available networks. I'd click ours, put in password and that wa that.

well, now, the D-link is certainly installed,it is in the programs list. The lights are on, but that's it!

Nothing in the bottom right menu. I know,or rather, I'm hoping, it is a small thing I didn't do.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I would so greatly appreciate it. Again, I'm sorry I had nothing to offer first. lol But, I'm sure u can all understand, I am in turmoil.
Related:

1 response

cpho58 Posts 4 Registration date Friday March 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 1
Jun 11, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Hey you will have to install your WIFI lan drivers!!!