Computer problems after shipping it

Closed
Yaotz - Jun 11, 2009 at 12:03 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Hello,

Recently I transported my computer via UPS from Michigan to California. Long bumpy trip I'm sure. Once I finally got it here I noticed that when powered on the monitors would stay blank and there is no system beep. The Harddrives still power up and spin. I opened the case and found one HD unplugged and another actually loose from its fitting inside the case.

My question is, what could this possibly be. I havent had a chance to physically troubleshoot it yet, but is there another jumper or something somewhere that could be disconnected, what would you suggest I look for
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM
If the cables for the disk drives vibrated loose then the video card may also be loose. The video card should be removed and reinserted into its slot (with the power cord disconnected).

Good Luck