WiFi coverage issue

meobeou123 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 21, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2019 - Updated on Jan 22, 2019 at 01:56 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 19, 2019 at 09:40 AM

I have a 3-story house where my router is installed on the top floor. I would like to have WiFi on the bottom floor. I've got some sockets in the wall for TV and telephone but not for WiFi.

Please help!

3 replies

Blocked Profile
Jan 21, 2019 at 05:51 AM

You can do one of two things.

- Wifi over power
- Wifi range extender

Both are easy to set up.

Blocked Profile
Jan 21, 2019 at 10:26 AM
If I may, you can try a POWERLINE adaptor. It turns the standard AC power outlet into an IP network using existing copper in the house. Plug one into the nearest outlet by router, run cord from router to device, then go to the nearest power outlet where you want your PC, and plut into that outlet. Now you have just extended you network, without the use of WIFI. Take a look here.
Blocked Profile
Jan 21, 2019 at 12:29 PM
i'd have sent links too! but i dont think our UK plugs fit in yours ;-)
Gloriawilliams Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2018 Status Member Last seen March 2, 2019
Feb 19, 2019 at 02:27 AM
Extender is the best option for your problem. There are lots of wireless extender in the market. You can use one of them. But i personally recommend Netgear wifi range Extender to you. This is best.
Blocked Profile
Feb 19, 2019 at 09:40 AM
So where is the extender going to be placed? Doesnt the extender need a wire too? So how is the OP going to run a wire to third story? And if they do, why not just ise that LAN?