Can't connect

Closed
MaluMuana Posts 5 Registration date Friday May 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2011 - Jun 13, 2009 at 04:39 PM
misn31 Posts 6 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2009 - Jun 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Hello,
I went to go turn on my hp compaq presario laptop running vista and once it booted up, it said that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. And when I click on the diagnose Connection Problems its saying Windows did not find any problems with this computer's network connect but I get to skype with no problem. I then tried to connect via ethernet straight from my modem and it was still the same case. I have even brought the laptop over to my friend's but it says the same thing over there too. It is obviously a problem with vista but I have no clue what it is or how to fix it. I have been looking all over the internet for solutions but nothing has worked so far. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 response

misn31 Posts 6 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2009 15
Jun 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Hello,

On internet explorer, click on tools then internet options!
On the connections tab just click on LAN Settings
Check automatically proxy settings then press OK
Restart Internet Explorer