Network Problems

Closed
Sohrat - Jun 16, 2009 at 05:18 AM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Jun 16, 2009 at 08:22 AM
Hello,

I have 15 PC on my LAN netwok. And we have internet connection to our network. I'm using linksys router WRT54G2 and DSL modem to connect internet. The speed is 2Mb/s
Some computers have XP and some of them using Vistaand Vista 64 bit operating sytems.
Some computers using static IP on network, its for only purpose to avoid internet access, but still they can access the Lan. And other computer who can access the Internet using dynamic IPs.
And the problem is some times computers can't view each other on network. And it make fileshareing to difficult.
How can we solve this problem?
I want to monitor the Internet traffic on my network, any ideas will be approciated ....
Thanks

1 response

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Jun 16, 2009 at 08:22 AM
Regarding file sharing problem, ensure there is no firewall blocking on computer and you have enabled file sharing correctly. Think following articles can help you more:

Simple file sharing in Windows Vista

Password protected file sharing in Windows Vista

Simple file sharing in Windows XP

Share file with user/group permission in Windows XP Pro

Hope able to help you.