Samsung Smart TV VPN

Closed
rootwilliamson Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 11, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2020 - Updated by rootwilliamson on 7/11/19 at 01:48 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 - Aug 12, 2020 at 05:21 PM
Can anyone tell me if it's in any way possible to use a VPN via my smart tv? I have a Samsung smart tv, and I'd like to watch geo restricted content via my TV, if possible.

For example, if I want to watch something via Kodi. But I know the Kodi app is on the TV itself, so I'm not using a browser to try and go via a VPN.

Similarly, if I want to watch TV channel directly on my TV using a VPN, would this be possible at all also?

I have fiber optic broadband, with the TP-link router, so I'm not assured there's a way to VPN all traffic that goes through the router so that, basically, all devices connected to it are via a VPN?

Any help hugely appreciated.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891
Aug 12, 2020 at 05:21 PM
Hi,

You can use a VPN when using an app on your Smart TV without accessing your TV's Web browser.

You just need to install a VPN and configure the TV's DNS server using the server addresses given by the VPN, this way your Smart TV will connect through the VPN when using your internet connection.