Psiphon 3 download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Being concerned about bypassing censorship or just encrypting your network traffic? Well, then Psiphon 3 is a good and reliable software that will allow you to connect to many websites no matter where you live.
What is Psiphon 3?
Psiphon is a free and open-source Internet censorship circumvention tool launched in 2008 that features a combination of secure communication and obfuscation technologies. Way more advanced and versatile than VPNs, it has been designed for people who genuinely face censorship issues and want to strengthen their online anonymity.
What are the key features of Psiphon 3?
- Build to bypass: Psiphon technology was designed to bypass filtering at any level (ISP, institutions, international gateway, etc.) and censorship. It uses techniques to make your encrypted traffic look like any other traffic and establish a connection using several different communication protocols such as VPN, SSH, and HTTP proxy technologies. Psiphon is good at adapting its behaviors depending on the network changes.
- More efficient than VPNs: VPNs are created for normal network conditions. So even though your traffic is encrypted, it can be elementary for anyone to know that you’re using a VPN and block your connections.
- Security audits: Psiphon code is open-source, which means anyone can review it. Moreover, Psiphon inc performs both internal and external code audits.
- Suitable for all users: Psiphon has been designed to be straightforward to use for all users. All you have to do is start Psiphon 3, which will take care of finding the necessary server.
- Protect yourself: Because Psiphon does more than a VPN, you can also use it to encrypt your connection (when you connect to a public Wifi hotspot, etc.), even if you’re not concerned about censorship.
- Lots of servers: You can choose over 15 countries. Depending on your location, it will change your connection bandwidth.
How to use Psiphon 3 on PC?
- Once downloaded, double-click on the .exe file to launch Psiphon.
- Then, on the left panel, go to the CONNECTED section.
- Before connecting, at the bottom of the window, please choose the country you want to connect to or leave it as Fastest Country.
- Click on Connect.
- Go to the SETTINGS section to tweak all the different settings.
- If you want to ensure Psiphon never disconnects even when the network is slow, turn off Disable Timeouts for Slow Networks.
- Go to Split Tunnel if you need to choose what kind of traffic goes through Psiphon or what should not.
- Open the other settings depending on what you want to tune if you know what you're doing.
- Go to the LANGUAGE section to change Psiphon 3 language.
How to use Psiphon 3 on mobile?
On Android devices
- Tap on Start at the bottom of the app to secure your connections. To choose your server region, tap on OPTIONS, then Select server region, and either leave it as Best performance or choose a specific country.
- Tap on OPTIONS if you want to tune the Psiphon 3 settings. Tap on VPN settings if you need to tweak which apps are tunneled through Psiphon 3. Go to More Options if you need to disable timeouts, show malware alerts, and change the language. Tweak all the other options if you know what you're doing.
On iOS devices
- Tap on Connect at the center of the screen to secure your connections. To choose your server region, tap on the country list next to the gear icon, then leave it as Best performance or select a specific country.
- Tap on the gear icon at the bottom of the screen to tune the Psiphon 3 settings. Go to Disable timeouts if you want to enable or disable Psiphon 3 timeouts. Go to Language if you need to change Psiphon 3 language. Tweak all the other options if you know what you're doing.
Is it free?
Yes, Psiphon 3 is totally free.
Is Psiphon 3 safe to use?