If you are experiencing problems with your Samsung Smart TV, a simple factory reset of your television may suffice in fixing any minor glitches. This reset will allow you to reconfigure all of your television's settings and get your TV working properly again. There are different methods, depending on the age of your TV and the software that it is running.
How to factory reset Samsung TV?
Recent TVs (2021)
- Press the home button on the remote
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to Support > Device Care
- Select Self Diagnosis
- Then Reset Smart Hub
- You will need to enter your Smart TV PIN. If you haven't already set up a PIN number, then the default is 0000. Once you have entered your PIN, the TV will immediately reset.
2018 - 2020 TVs
- Press the home button on the remote
- Go to settings
- Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset
- Enter PIN. The default PIN is 0000 unless you have create a PIN yourself. The TV will reset once you enter the PIN.
- Press the Menu button
- Go to support > self diagnosis
- Select Reset. This resets all settings except network settings.
- Enter your PIN. The default PIN is 0000 unless you changed it.
For older TVs the only thing you will need for this process is your Samsung Smart Remote. Before beginning, it's very important to make sure that your TV is OFF.
- Take your Smart Remote in hand and simultaneously press Info + Menu + Mute + Power.
- Next, enter the following sequence into your remote: Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power.
- Your television will boot up in service mode. Using your remote, go to Options > Factory Reset.
- Your television will now turn off. Simply turn your device back on to proceed with the setup.
How to reset Samsung TV without remote?
Whilst you cant fully factory reset your TV without a remote, you can do a simple reset, this should help if you are having small issues with your TV. All you need to do is turn the TV off, then turn off the power to the TV at the wall outlet, and then hold the start button on the TV for at least 15 seconds. After you have done this, release and then turn the TV back on at the power socket. Now you can turn your TV on again using the power button and your TV should be reset.
Need more help with your Smart TV? Check out our Forum!
- How to reset samsung tv with remote
- Factory reset samsung tv with remote
- Factory reset samsung tv
- Samsung reset code: keypad, factory settings, number > Guide
- Reset Smart Hub Samsung TV: PIN, 2021, without PIN > Guide
- How to enable motion control on Samsung Smart TV > Guide
- How to reinstall Samsung internet: browser, on tablet > Guide
- Turn off Samsung Smart TV menu sounds and notifications > Guide
- How to stream Windows Media Player: to TV, to Chromecast
- LG TV subtitles: turn on, won't turn off, format
- Connect PC to Apple TV: wireless, Bluetooth
- How to change LG TV web browser
- How to rename LG TV: 2021, AirPlay, inputs
- Dual Play TV: 2021, LG, glasses, Samsung
- LG TV energy saving mode: auto, won't turn off
- How to change home screen on LG Smart TV
- Samsung TV 3D: settings, mode, effect disabled
- Clear Samsung TV history: viewing, browser
- Set LG TV sleep timer: without remote, not working, button
- How to set the default aspect ratio in LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV voice control: app, without remote
- Change language on LG TV: subtitle, keyboard, without remote
- Connect Samsung TV to PC: wireless, Windows 10, with HDMI
- How to fix no audio when connecting PC to TV
- How to enable safety mode on LG smart TV
- LG TV eco mode: turn off, auto power off
- How to enable private browsing mode on LG Smart TV?
- How to change Samsung TV picture size settings
- How to clear cache on Smart TV: LG, Samsung
- Change picture mode: on LG Smart TV
- Samsung TV Game Mode: settings, on or off
- Change pointer size: LG TV
- How to enable power saving on Samsung TV