Back up and restore wechat messages

Closed
Greg - Dec 6, 2019 at 10:06 PM
 Vropuz - Jun 22, 2020 at 02:45 AM
can back up and restore my wechat conversations from my samsung android phone to my pc. when I open the file, it is in unreadable code and I am not finding the correct code to open in a readable format. what step am I missing?
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Dec 7, 2019 at 05:16 AM
Hello, check out this article on backing up WeChat messages.

Best,
David
thanks, but as my initial question stated, i can backup with with no issue. the problem is the chat conversation files backed up to my pc are unreadable in english and there is no option to select to rectify this. the Iphone does not have this issue when backing up as one can incorporate itunes. apparently android phones have this issue. is there any solution for this short of having to switch to an iphone?
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Dec 8, 2019 at 05:10 AM
Hey there,

I found this site which could be of use, but besides that I haven't got a better answer for you.

If not I read somewhere that:

All WeChat messages are encrypted on PC. Only WeChat on the mobile phone with correct authorisation can support message important.

Hope that helps
The WeChat backup from Samsung to computer is not readable,only,only Apple products will be able to do so. You can’t open and read the backup in Windows or Mac. And some media files sent or receive in WeChat can’t be saved, such as Sight videos. If you like to back up these data, you will need to download and use third party software tools.