My hp omnibook 6000 won't open please help.:(

Closed
mk_jk Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday June 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2009 - Jun 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM
 leo59 - Aug 30, 2009 at 02:20 AM
Hello everyone,

I have this hp omnibook 6000, i brought it to school and when i go back home and use it, it started but wont boot the OS, so i decided to open it using my screwdriver, and accidentally I reach the fan of the CPU and I removed it, because of my curiosity i started the laptop, after some seconds an error occurred and it turned off, and when i tried to open it again only the fan,power light, rear light in the audio switch works, and the CD drive can also be ejected, but the screen wont work, please help me, I really don't know what to do..
Related:

2 responses

reazz Posts 18 Registration date Tuesday March 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 1
Jun 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM
What you did is really bad, If the OS isn't booting there must have been a problem with the OS only. Now you should open it again and verify if you connected each devices properly. just make sure you placed the dimm memory properly!
yeah, i know i am very wrong that time, so i wont do it again, i have checked all the devices and it is good but there's something that has 6 small switches that i used to change, it is numbered 1 to 6 and has on and off direction, and the problem is i dont know what it is. do you know it?
That's the DIP switch
It should match the numbers on the harness label, mine has switches 2 and 6 off and 1,3,4 and 5 on