Recovery number is a landline; why won't Yahoo just call it?!

Closed
esgilbert - Jan 1, 2020 at 10:58 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Jan 2, 2020 at 03:22 AM
Hello,

My grandson logged me out of my Yahoo mail account, and my home phone number is on file, but to change my password and verify my identity Yahoo will only send the number a text message. I emailed them asking them to call the number and they totally ignored the question, asking me to remember every single little detail about my email account, down to the exact names of five folders! Is there any way just to get them to call my number with a verification code?

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 79.0.3945.88
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Jan 2, 2020 at 03:22 AM
Hello, unfortunately as the verification code is with an SMS, you can only receive it with a mobile phone. Yahoo does not appear to offer many solutions in this case... if you are unable to provide the correct recovery info you will have to make a new account.

You can see here troubleshooting for if you haven't received your verification code.

You can find information on how to recover your yahoo email account here.

Good luck.