Bittorent installation problem

Closed
Siddharth - Updated on Mar 5, 2020 at 04:08 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14307 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 19, 2024 - Mar 5, 2020 at 02:39 PM
Hello,
I don't have any application installed by the name of Adaware antivirus. But when i try to install Bittorent, it suddenly closes and shows that some application has been installed. It's name is adaware antivirus, you can uninstall it using add/remove programs utility in the extensions.
I've searched my whole laptop there is no such app or software like that. I request you to find
a solution for this problem.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14307 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 19, 2024 1,890
Mar 5, 2020 at 02:39 PM
Hi,

Are you sure you've downloaded BitTorrent from the official website? Software that asks to uninstall an antivirus is suspicious.

If you are sure you've downloaded it from an official source, right-click on the Windows taskbar and click Task Manager. In Processes, end all processes associated with that antivirus.

Try also to search any folders and files of that antivirus on your PC using the Windows search. Delete all files and folders you find that are associated with Adaware.