Afk yet Skype status shows busy or available

Closed
fuimus Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 26, 2020 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2020 - Updated on Mar 26, 2020 at 09:27 PM
fuimus Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 26, 2020 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2020 - Mar 27, 2020 at 10:31 AM
Hello,

How is it possible to be afk for hours while in Skype for hours yet the status does not show away while remaining busy or available?

Thank you.
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Mar 27, 2020 at 03:40 AM
Hello, open Skype, and click on your profile image (maybe with a little green dot in the corner). You will then have a choice between Active / Away / Busy / Do not disturb.

Cloud you clarify, you want to appear active, despite being AFK?

Regards
fuimus Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 26, 2020 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2020
Mar 27, 2020 at 10:31 AM
Please let me try to explain .... the laptops are company owned and there are many restrictions on the computers. The computers are preset to go inactive after being idle for 10 minutes which changes the status to Away if Active, Busy (Away) and Do not disturb (Away). When the mouse is moved or the keyboard is used the status changes to the status prior to being away. I have noticed that Do not disturb does not flip to away until the time limitation has been exceeded.

A coworker has figured out how to set either Skype or the computer settings so that she can go afk for hours and hours, yet the Skype status remains the same. I do not want to do this but I am trying to figure out how she is able to. We do the same job and the duties are evenly split, but when she is afk for half a day, I am the one who gets all the Skype messages because she is unavailable.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your time.