Can’t access settings for a few days lock out

Closed
Rak7 - Feb 25, 2023 at 03:54 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14307 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 19, 2024 - Feb 25, 2023 at 04:25 PM

Hello,

I hope whoever reads this message is well! 

I’ve been experiencing an issue since before Christmas and I have no idea what to do.

When opening Instagram the app, it always tries to get me to update my email address. After doing the app states I won’t have access to some settings for a few days. This has been going on since December, I’ve tried updating my email address on multiple devices to no avail. (See photos)

Any guidance/help would be much appreciated.

Thank you! 

iPhone / Safari 16.3

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14307 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 19, 2024 1,890
Feb 25, 2023 at 04:25 PM

Hi,

Review your recent login activity by following these few steps to ensure that there's no suspicious use of your account. Revoke access to third party apps that you don't recognize, but are linked to your account. Also check that your email and phone number are up to date.

Once you've reviewed your security settings and contact info, and no problem has been found, then uninstall and reinstall the app on your iPhone. In case the issue persists, try reporting it to Instagram by going to Menu > Settings > Help > Report a Problem.

Good luck