Reversing background colour and text colouring?

Closed
WesternGuy Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2020 - Updated on Apr 9, 2020 at 04:36 PM
WesternGuy Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2020 - Apr 9, 2020 at 09:03 PM
A friend sent me a couple of slides to use in my notes. Unfortunately, the slides have white lettering on a black background. I would like to know if there is a way, in PowerPoint, to reverse the colours - white background with black lettering. This would make it easier on my printer, should I have to print them out. Any insight that anyone has will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WesternGuy
Related:

2 responses

zee_001 Posts 22 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2020 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2020 11
Apr 9, 2020 at 05:43 PM
Select all the text, and change the font color from white to black.

Then Click on Design tab-> on the top right corner select the Format background option-> apply the white color.

If you still cannot change the color then use this method-
Just copy the text from the presentation, make a new presentation with a white background, and paste the text. If text still appears white, then select all the text go to font color options and choose black color.
WesternGuy Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 9, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2020
Apr 9, 2020 at 09:03 PM
zee_001, thanks for the insight. When I try to bring his "slides" into my PowerPoint document, it turns out they are jpegs and I only seem to be able to bring them in as "pictures". I didn't realize at the time that this is what they were and that was how PowerPoint would treat them. Unless you have a solution that will allow these pictures to be broken down, then I suspect I will have to retype their content. Not a problem as this isn't a lot of work, just that if there was a way to incorporate them into a slide as "original text", then it would save me a bit of work.

WesternGuy