I deleted my Yahoo account

Closed
metalman100 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 2, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2020 - Jul 2, 2020 at 04:21 AM
metalman100 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 2, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2020 - Jul 2, 2020 at 06:24 AM
Hi,

I deleted my 18 yr old Yahoo account in May 2020 as it was inactive for 2 years and I had a lot of junk mail coming in to my inbox. I have begun to hate yahoo as security is very poor. Now, exactly a month after deletion, someone has tried to sign in from USA. I am from India. Now, could someone please kindly let me know whether I should go ahead with the deletion process( It takes 90 days i believe) or should I reactivate the Yahoo account as I am afraid that someone else might use it after the deletion period is over. I am very worried. Please do help

1 response

GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Jul 2, 2020 at 05:37 AM
If your account was deactivated within the past 90 days, you may be able to restore it by contacting Yahoo Mail support. Otherwise, sign up for a new account. After your account is deleted, your screen name becomes available to new users.

If you decide to stop using the old one. At least you need to tell everyone about the change. Using your new address, send an email to everyone in your address book—friends, relatives, and business associates. Address the message to yourself (again, with the new address), and BCC everyone else.
metalman100 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 2, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2020
Jul 2, 2020 at 06:24 AM
Sir, thank you for your kind suggestions. However, mine is a throw away account. And, yes, I hate Yahoo because it is the worst email service and also it is not safe or secure to use it . I do not intend to start a new account but my only concern is their silly policy of giving away my user name to others .