Yahoo Mail is a free email service owned by Yahoo. It allows you to configure your inbox to check your accounts from external email providers, such as Gmail, Hotmail, and AOL. In this article we will show you how to create a Yahoo email account.
How to sign up for a new Yahoo account?
Creating a new Yahoo mail account is simple.
- Go to Yahoo's main page and click Mail > Sign up.
- Enter your information in the required fields — including your mobile number. After completing all fields, click Continue.
- In the next window, click Text me a code. Enter the verification code that you receive on your mobile phone and click Submit code.
- From here you can add optional recovery information, such as an alternate email address and security questions. This will help you regain access to your account if you forget your password.
- Once you have done this, you will need to agree to the terms and conditions of use.
- There may then be a CAPTCHA or further security check that you need to complete.
- Congratulations, your account has been created. To access your Yahoo mail page, click the Let's get started button.
Create Yahoo account without mobile number?
If you want to create an account without using a mobile number, you can, however you will need an existing email address (not necessarily a Yahoo account).
- Once again, go to Yahoo's main page and click Mail > Sign up.
- Now select "I want to use my current email address".
- Fill out the details, and enter the existing email address you wish to use.
- You will then be prompted to check your current email account for the verification code.
- Once you have verified your account your Yahoo email account is ready to use.