App Password "This Feature isn't Available Right Now"

DavidS - Oct 22, 2022 at 09:40 PM
 Weisele - Nov 19, 2022 at 09:21 AM

I am trying to set up Yahoo! IMAP in my Office 365

I know how to do this by getting a one-off app password through Yahoo! Security

For a few days now I simply get a message saying "this feature isn't available right now" when I try to generate that password.

I note online some mention of a dropdown list for various apps but there is none.

Also tried other browsers still no luck

Does anybody know whether this is temporary, permanent, known error or what?

I would happily give up my Yahoo! account which I rarely use but they don't even provide auto-forwarding any more.

Windows / Chrome 106.0.0.0

Related:

3 replies

Yahoo turned off the function and I suspect they are trying to force us into the Yahoo mail browser and paid Yahoo + ...everyone is going nuts. I've used my yahoo in Outlook for 27 years...time to change! 

HelpiOS Posts 13021 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen November 24, 2022 1,862
Oct 25, 2022 at 04:36 PM

Hi,

App passwords is currently unavailable for all Yahoo Mail users. As you can see it on Yahoo's feedback page, a lot of people are complaining about this problem.

Yahoo provided an answer on June 1, 2022 which is:

We’re very sorry app passwords are currently unavailable for Yahoo Mail accounts. Rest assured, you can still access your mail from the Yahoo Mail app or via a web browser. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The problem isn't new, and unfortunately, there's still no solution at this time.

I had the same problem.

I took my iPhone and tried on the yahoo mail app, generate new app password and it worked!

I don't know whether I was just lucky or what.

Hope that it works for you.

@Antonio: Did not work for me