FTP problem.

Closed
ali.rachid Posts 292 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2021 - Jul 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM
 Th4Ac3 - Jul 30, 2020 at 06:41 PM
Hello,

In my phone I'm using an application to make my phone like a repeater, it creates a network with a password, I have to connect to that network with my laptop. And to have access to the internet, the application tells me to modify the network proxy on my laptop to 192.168.49.1:8282. So I have to go to wifi settings on my laptop and modify the proxy. Now I have access to the internet, but the problem is, I can't access my PC through FTP, I don't know what IP address I type in the host field to access my FTP server. Normally I type 192.168.1.5:21 to access my FTP server, but since I'm connected to the repeater (application on my phone), I can't access that server. How can I access it?

Thanks.
Related:

3 responses

Does your Application include services such as Network Address translation? If not, then the phone will reject any FTP request, as there is no FTP server on the phone. The "Repeater application" must be able to tell incoming connections to go to a forwarding address, in this case it is the laptop IP address. So, lets say that your "repeater application" does provide NAT, then what you would do is open a browser window on your phone, and go to ipchicken.com. Use that address as your ftp server address. Once again, your "repeater" must provide NAT in order for this to work.
ali.rachid Posts 292 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2021 2
Jul 30, 2020 at 09:42 AM
OK, but I have a similar problem.
When I activate my laptop's access point, and connect to it with my phone, I can't reach the local FTP server from my phone. How do you explain this?
Your firewall is blocking it, Open up the FTP port! :) Does your phone have a 192 address, also? If not, then you will need a network interface on the same network and subnet as the laptop!
ali.rachid Posts 292 Registration date Friday May 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2021 2
Jul 30, 2020 at 05:51 PM
The FTP port is open.
So are you connecting with the FTP protocol? Your FTP server isn't going to ACK if the its not the right protocol.

Have you ever set up an FTP server to the internet before this? How about FTP server on a local LAN?