Xbox One Controller Charger Stopped Working. Need Help!

Closed
mattnicholas Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday August 19, 2020 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2020 - Aug 19, 2020 at 02:31 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Aug 19, 2020 at 03:55 AM
I recently bought a new charger station for my Xbox one controller after reading some reviews on the web. It was working fine till yesterday when I accidentally left the charger on overnight. I played for like few hours and then put it back on charging but the charging light on the controller did not glow. I have tried unplugging and plugging it again but it didn't work.

I am not sure if this is the problem with the charger or with my controller. I am adding details about my accessories below.

Controllers: Original Xbox One Controllers (red one is 1yr old, white one is 1.5 yrs old)
Charging Station: YCCTeam 1200 mAh (bought it after reading this https://www.glinkster.com/best-xbox-one-controller-charger/)

Is anyone using the same setup? How can I fix this? I do not want spend another 50$ for a new charger. Please help.
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Aug 19, 2020 at 02:49 AM
Hello, I read around about this controller charging dock. It doesn't seem that it would cause an issue by leaving the controller on the dock overnight as it should automatically stop charging once complete.

You can test if it is a problem with your controller by putting a normal battery pack in the back with AA batteries. If the controller works fine, then it is most likely an issue with the charging dock.

If you have only recently bought the dock then it should still be under warranty and you can return it for a refund or replacement.

Regards

David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

mattnicholas Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday August 19, 2020 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2020
Aug 19, 2020 at 03:33 AM
Thank you for the suggestion, David. So, I checked with AA batteries and the controller is working fine. That means there's some fault with the charger itself. I am gonna claim for the refund from YCCTEAM. Just in case, can you suggest some other charger in similar price range?
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Aug 19, 2020 at 03:55 AM
There's the Fosmon Charging Station which is Amazon's best seller - it has a lot of good reviews and costs 29$ so roughly the same budget.

If you wanted something slightly cheaper there isthis one for 18$ that should give 35hrs of charge / automatically stop to prevent over charging. Its also one of "Amazon's Choice" products.

If you are interested in getting the new Xbox Series X coming out in November, in the near future or event next year you will want something that is future proof. Seeing as the current gen controllers will apparently work on the new Xbox, then logically, any charging dock that you get now should work for the new generation too. Although it is probably too early to tell which docks will be 100% compatible. That said the Fosmon is already compatible with all of the different Xbox One controllers - so that should do.

Good luck!