There are certain situations in which you may need to reset your PS3 controller - here's how.
Sometimes pairing with other controllers becomes impossible or the controller simply stops working properly. Below we've listed a reset procedure that should solve all possible problems.
How to reset PlayStation 3 controller?
Situations where you might want to reset your controller:
- The controller is not working properly in games (but still allows you to navigate through the PS3 menu).
- Secondary controllers can't be paired or are not detected
- Red squares are being displayed on the screen when pressing the PS3 (middle) button of the controller.
How do you reset a PS3 controller:
- Turn off your PS3 and disconnect the controller
- The reset button is located at the back of the controller. You will need a paper clip to press it.
- Connect the controller to your PlayStation 3 using the USB cable.
- Press the PS button of the controller to boot your PS3.
- Sync the controller with the PS3.
How to reset PlayStation 3 controller on PC?
It looks like resetting a PS3 controller from a PC doesn't work - you will have to use the reset button on the back - all you'll need is a paper clip or a sim card opener. Follow the steps from the previous section if you aren't sure how to proceed.
How to reset a PlayStation 3 controller without the reset button?
You can't hard reset a controller without the reset button. However, you can plug the controller into the console, press the PS button, and then unplug it - this will restart the device.
- Reset ps3 controller
- How to reset ps3 controller
- Ps3 controller reset button
- PS3 recovery mode: without controller, not working > Guide
- How to reset ps3 video settings > Guide
- How long to charge ps3 controller > Guide
- Turn off controller vibration: PS3 > Guide
- Connect controller to PC: bluetooth, wireless, PS4 > Guide
- PS3 not reading discs: how to fix, after update
- PS4 controller not responding: white light, in game, on pc
- Expand your PS5 storage: internal, external
- Too many USB devices connected PS4: fix the error
- How to turn off sound on PS4 controller
- PSP update: 6.61, firmware, PlayStation
- How to turn off vibration on PS4 controller: on PC, Fortnite
- PS3 can't obtain IP address: PlayStation 3 fix
- How to connect PS4 controller to PS5
- PS3 error codes and solutions
- Link PlayStation 4: to Facebook, to Twitter
- PS4 safe mode: options, not working
- PS4 audio output settings: for headphones
- How to fix a slow PSP
- How to play PlayStation 4 games online
- How to check battery on PlayStation controller: PS4, PS5
- PS3 mode not supported: Samsung HDMI, on TV
- How to update PS3 with USB: safe mode
- PS4 auto shutdown: after download, in rest mode
- How to turn off PS4 system sounds
- PS5 console: release date, price, stock
- How to turn off notifications on PS4
- How to clear your PS4 browsing history?
- Install Flash Player on Playstation 3: 2021
- How to Play MP4 on a PSP 3000
- How to clear PS3: cache, cookies
- PS4 text to speech: not working
- How to change the language on PSP
- How to buy games on PlayStation store: for free
- How to reset your PlayStation network password?
- How to connect your Playstation 4 to PC
- Find and add friends on PS4: from Facebook, online
- How to connect a BigBen controller to a PS3
- How to disable PS4 share play
- Switch from HDMI to SCART: PlayStation 3
- How to clear your browsing history on PS3?
- Obtain an IP address on the PS3
- How to delete cookies on PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 4: tips and tricks
- PS Now vs PS Plus
- How to add the accessibility menu to Quick Menu on PS4?
- Sony bug bounty program: explanation and rewards
- How to save battery life on PS4 controller