Telegram Desktop has a bug and needs a tweak

Closed
Sebastian42 Posts 58 Registration date Tuesday March 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 25, 2024 - Jan 30, 2021 at 04:37 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Feb 9, 2021 at 07:28 AM
None of my attempts to get support from Telegram Desktop elicit any response, so I'm trying generalised forums like this one instead. I have two issues with Telegram Desktop - one is a mal-function, and another is a serious inconvenience. I will deal with the malfunction first :

Generally I can paste images from the Windows Clipboard without any fuss, but at times Telegram stubbornly turns my 'photo' into a file - so I presume an 'attachment'. I'd like to know the cause of this so I can rectify it.

The inconvenience is related to the fact that the emojs/gifs/stickers 'popup' is hyper-sensitive to mouse cursor movements and prone to appear frequently, in the process obscuring the thread of the Chat; and because I do not use them AT ALL, I'd like to be able to disable that tool altogether.
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Feb 9, 2021 at 07:28 AM
Hello, I'm afraid there isn't really anything we can do. You'll have to be patient with Telegram...