How to know if my mesg was read?

Closed
mfran2002 - Mar 22, 2021 at 12:41 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14307 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 19, 2024 - Mar 23, 2021 at 06:25 AM
Hi all,
is there a way to understand if the very first message of the first chat was read?

I mean: I sent the very first mesg to a user and I'm waiting for the acceptance of my invitation. I would like to know if it was, at least, read...

more, if possible, I'd like to know if there is a way to understand if a user is online or not (I mean a generic user, then not necessarily a contact)

thanks!
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14307 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 19, 2024 1,890
Mar 23, 2021 at 06:25 AM
Hi,

When you send a first message, that person must accept your invitation or reply to your message to be able to see read receipts. Otherwise, the status will not appears.

Also, they must have enabled read receipts for their account. In case their presence status is set to "invisible" or if you've been blocked, you'll not see their read receipts even if it is enabled.

For the presence status, you can only see the status of your contacts. For accounts that aren't in your contacts list, it is only possible to see their name, location (country, state, city) and profile picture.