NMI Hardware Failure - HP Probook 440 G4

Closed
Antilla - Sep 4, 2021 at 06:50 PM
 awal_ur_daddy - May 15, 2023 at 01:29 PM
Hello,

Please, I need help with following issues. I will first provide Notebook information and then, at the end, please find description of issues. Thanks for your help:

Notebook: HPProbook 440 G4
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)

Issues, errors were observed with:

No new hardware installed.
Windows 10 Pro, updated.
Bios, updated.
Drivers, updated

HP diagnostic tool reports NO issues.

ERRORS:

Blue screen with error: NMI Hardware Failure.

It occurs randomly. Notebook may work perfectly for some hours and then at any moment Blue Screen with same error.

Sometimes, Notebook presents this Blue screen with same error message just immediately after turn on.

No high temperature.

Additionally, I observe the following:

If notebook is turned off with AC Adapter connected, then notebook does not turn on with normal clicks on power button and requires to press power button permanently some extra time, 10-15 seconds, indicators led on and then with normal click it is possible to turn on normally. If notebook is turned off working on battery, then no problem to turn on, with a normal click on power button.

As per friend recommendation, we use a new RAM and a new SSD M.2 ..., and same problems!

2 responses

Bob Dijks Posts 2704 Registration date Friday April 3, 2015 Status Administrator Last seen August 30, 2022   324
Sep 5, 2021 at 12:37 PM
Hello,

I saw you have also posted this on the official HP Support forum, so I'm hoping you will get a reply from a HP expert soon.

Something that may sound silly, but often related to the cause of unexplainable hardware errors, is the CMOS battery of your laptop, this could also explain the fact that sometimes it takes you very long to switch on your device.

My recommendation would be to get yourself a new CMOS battery and replace your current one.

Best regards,

Bob
awal_ur_daddy
May 15, 2023 at 01:26 PM

hello , im facing the exact same problem, cmos battery could be a genuine problem, ill try this first thing in the morning lol

awal_ur_daddy
May 15, 2023 at 01:29 PM

already tried another hdd and tring to boot without the wifi card.????cmosssss?

Hi Bob,
After a couple of new similar crashes, same blue screen and error code, I am ordering a CR2032 to replace CMOS Battery.
However, let me provide you additional information and if possible for you please comment about CMOS Battery.
Laptop doesn't have difficulties with date and time. Is there a way to test CMOS battery?
How CMOS Battery failure/issues are detected?
I had the idea that CMOS Battery issues shall always show difficulties in keeping date and time.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Antilla