When looking for the driver of a peripheral/hardware component (sound card, network card, webcam, graphics card, etc..), it can be useful to retrieve its identification number/serial number. Follow the procedure explained below to find out how to do this.
To find the serial number of a peripheral:
Open the Run tab (Windows + R).
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- The Device Manager opens.
- Select the device of your choice, right-click > Properties.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Click the drop-down menu and select Hardware Ids.
- Right-click on the ID number > Copy.
- HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_18491E01&REV_10004 (Realtek High Definition Audio Chipset)
- PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1026&SUBSYS_82261043&REV_B0 (Atheros Network card)
- USB\VID_04F2&PID_B012&REV_0346&MI_00 (Chicony webcam)
- Nic serial number
- How to find keyboard serial number
- How to check mouse serial number in cmd
- What is a network card? > Guide
- Auto serial number in excel based on another column [solved] > Excel Forum
- Idm download without serial number free [solved] > Downloads Forum
- Serial and parallel ports > Guide
- Nero 6 serial number > Software Forum