Acer Aspire DVD player won't work -I did not there -

Closed
transacc22 - Dec 13, 2021 at 03:48 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14318 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 - Dec 13, 2021 at 07:15 PM
Hello, I tried not there and it still won't work. Always did before. Everything works until I get to play, click on play, nothing.

System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 95.0
Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14318 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Dec 13, 2021 at 06:10 PM
Hi,

By saying "not there", are you referring to this thread? If so, did you also try the method which consists in reinstalling the DVD player driver from Device Manager?

To check if the issue is caused by the video player or by the DVD player itself, try playing your DVD with different video players like Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player.

If you can, test with another DVD or with an audio CD - if you're trying to play a Blu-ray disc, it will not work if your DVD player doesn't support this technology.
I did not reinstall the DVD player, I don't know how for sure. I scanned for hardware changes, is that the same thing. It was really fast so I don't know if it did anything or not. I'm not that great with doing this stuff. I guess I can try Windows Media Player. Do I need to download that or could it already be on my laptop like Cyber Link DVD 12 is? Thanks for repyling. Sheila
HelpiOS Posts 14318 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Dec 13, 2021 at 07:15 PM
Ok, we'll try to check with the video software first. Windows Media Player is normally included with Windows and it is not necessary to download it. For the other, VLC, you can download it directly from the link in my previous message.