Reactivating WhatsApp on Android with same # - need messages

Solved/Closed
blazinglazers Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 19, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2022 - Mar 19, 2022 at 12:38 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Mar 21, 2022 at 06:50 PM
Hi,

Been using WhatsApp on my Android, and I just got a new iPhone and have registered WhatsApp on it with the same number, however, I didn't realize I would lose access to all my old messages on the Android. If I put in a SIM card using the same number, and re-activate my old WhatsApp on the android will I see all my messages again? I'd like to save those messages before I start completely using my new iPhone. I just did this today and I realized I need to save some important text messages first. So basically, I want to turn WhatsApp back on on my old phone and see all my messages again so I can save them.

Thanks!
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Mar 21, 2022 at 06:50 PM
Hi,

You will be able to access your old messages if you reactivate WhatsApp using the same mobile number. It is not necessary to reinsert the SIM card into the Android.

To save your messages as text file, open any of them and select the 3 vertical dots > More > Email chat. You can also choose to attach the media files or not.

For the moment, it is only possible to transfer your chat history between iPhone and Samsung. You can read more about that on the WhatsApp Help Center.